The mobile application prototyping tool, Ratchet, has been promoted to a full application framework, and moved into the Bootstrap GitHub repo. It also has new documentation and new themes for iOS and Android.
Angular.JS is a popular framework created by Google for creating single page applications. Despite its origins, it can also easily work with ASP.NET to provide Microsoft-centric developers the same powerful capabilities.
Matt DeBergalis has released version 0.7.1 of Meteor, with the improvements to oplog and minimongo, CSS preprocessing, and Meteor developer accounts. Version 0.7.1 includes added support to minimongo for what DeBergalis refers to on the Meteor blog as “more of the ‘estoteric corners’ of the MongoDB query language."
"AngularJS 2.0 is a framework for mobile apps" says the AngularJS team. The framework will continue to be supported for desktops, but the primary focus will be on getting the mobile bit right. The goals also include support for EcmaScript 6 along with a transpiler (since browsers don't support ES6 yet).
Domino, a Platform-as-a-Service for data science, enables people to do analytical work using languages such as Python or R in the cloud (EC2).
Dr. Dobbs has awarded the Jolt Award for Mobile and Coding Tools for 2014.
Enhancements in Orion 5 include: syntax highlighting for several languages, content assist for several Node.js libraries and databases, better syntax validation, cloud deployment and others.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download