Sun Finishes OpenJDK Transition
- Fabiane Nardon - CTO ZILICS and InfoQ contributor
- Doug Lea - Professor at SUNY
- Simon Phipps - Sun Microsystems
- Mark Reinhold - Sun Microsystems
- Dalibor Topig - kaffe.org
...In my mind, it's pretty obvious that Sun wants to give their open source version of Java the best chance to survive and it sure looks like they're giving a bit of a headstart by dragging out negotiations with Apache over being able to call Harmony Java. What do you guys think? I suppose that Harmony matters for those who don't want to suffer the embrace of the GPL, but for regular Joe Developer, does it matter? I suspect that most developers are going to get their bits the normal way, from java.sun.com...
How Can We Use Our Creative Power and Technological Opportunity to Address the Challenges of the 21st Century?
Gyorgyi Galik Feb 26, 2015