Presentation: Managing Variability in Product-Lines
Managing commonality and variability is the core of product line engineering. In this presentation, Markus Völter illustrates how model-driven and aspect oriented software development help addressing the challenge of managing variability in product line engineering. Both the problem space and the solution space are described by models, using a model-to-model transformation to map problem space variability to solution space variability.
In the talk, Markus illustrates the following techniques:
- combining modelling languages for customization and configuration
- using model-to-model transformations to formally describe the mapping from problem space to solution space
- integrating runtime variability based on models
- handling traceability on model-level
- the importance of a powerful platform as a basis for the product line
- developing families of code generators and model transformations
- aspect-oriented modelling as a way of defining variants of models
- using aspect-oriented programming to adapt product code for unexpected variability
See the one hour presentation here on InfoQ’s exclusive content: http://www.infoq.com/presentations/managing-variability-in-product-lines.
Ahmed Sidky & Shannon Ewan Oct 02, 2015