Article: Blaze Data Services or LiveCycle Data Services?
This article, by Ryan Knight, compares two similar products: Adobe’s LiveCycle Data Services (LCDS) and Open Source Blaze Data Services. The comparison is necessary to know the differences between the two products in order to choose the right one for a certain situation.
Since LCDS comes in four editions, there are five products in total:
- Blaze Data Services - Free and Open Source edition
- LiveCycle Data Services Community Edition - A supported version of Blaze DS
- LiveCycle Data Service Single-CPU License - A free version of the commercial edition with the additional features but limited to a single CPU
- LiveCycle Data Services - The paid version of the commercial edition with support
- LiveCycle Data Services Enterprise Suite – The paid version plus PDF Generation, Forms, and Digital Signatures, and others.
Choosing one of them needs to take into consideration the following most important factors: the need for support, the need for data management services, and the need for opening hundreds of concurrent connections. Ryan explains which product to choose considering those needs.
Free course on BlazeDS and Flex/AIR
Theoretically it's right, but...
Our company, Farata Systems, did some real performance tests hitting BlazeDS hard emulating thousands user requests with a PROFESSIONAL stress test software. This test put the Tomcat/BlazeDS down reaching 800 users. After that, we've created our own solution that works with Jetty server and can be stable with at least 5K users hitting Jetty/BlazeDS. Here's a video recording of this stress test:myflex.org//demos/JettyBlazeDS/JettyBlazeDSload...
Jetty's suspend/resume thread architecture was supposed to be used as a base for Servlet 3.0 spec, but because of some weird reason it didn't happen, so our solution works with Jetty only at this time.
Doc List Oct 25, 2014