PMI Agile Certified Professional Body of Knowledge
There is no single central reference for those seeking to prepare for the new Project Management Institute - Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) test; instead the PMI provides a list of test areas, and reference books, which taken together constitute the body of knowledge for the certification.
Those holding the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification have the PMBOK Guide and many expected an equivalent for Agile.
“I would have assumed that if PMI offered an Agile certification, they would have an Agile BOK on it,” said Chris Bodgwic, a PMP.
Chris, and others, studying for the PMI-ACP Exam, can start with the PMI Agile Certification Examination Content Outline which itemizes the exam contents. There are two categories, Tools and Techniques, and Knowledge and Skills, each comprising 50% of the exam. The PMI also defines six domains which are task groups for work on Agile projects. Mike Griffiths wraps these together into a single cube that represents a simplified outline for the PMI-ACP body of knowledge.
For the content, the PMI provides a list of ten reference books which are a superset of the knowledge tested on the exam.
- Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great - Esther Derby, Diana Larsen, Ken Schwaber (Foreward) ISBN #0977616649
- Agile Software Development: The Cooperative Game – 2nd Edition - Alistair Cockburn ISBN #032148275
- The Software Project Manager’s Bridge to Agility - Michele Sliger, Stacia Broderick ISBN #032150275
- Coaching Agile Teams - Lyssa Adkins ISBN #032163770
- Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products – 2nd Edition - Jim Highsmith ISBN #032165839
- Agile Estimating and Planning - Mike Cohn ISBN #0131479415
- The Art of Agile Development - James Shore ISBN #059652767
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development - Mike Cohn ISBN #032120568
- Agile Project Management with Scrum - Ken Schwaber ISBN #073561993
- Lean-Agile Software Development: Achieving Enterprise Agility - Alan Shalloway, Guy Beaver, James R. Trott ISBN #032153289
The above books are well known in the Agile community and those topic areas in these books that are specified in the PMI Agile Certification Examination Content Outline represent the body of knowledge for PMI-ACP test.
How Can We Use Our Creative Power and Technological Opportunity to Address the Challenges of the 21st Century?
Gyorgyi Galik Feb 26, 2015