Microsoft Refreshed .NET Framework 4.5 with Updates
Microsoft has released several updates for .NET Framework 4.5 which fixes reliability, compatibility, stability, and performance issues while working with Windows Presentation Foundation, Common Language Runtime, Windows Forms, XML, Network Class Library, ASP.NET, Entity Framework, Windows Workflow Foundation and Windows Communication Foundation.
Windows Presentation Foundation
- Fixes event receipt issue in CanExecuteChanged event while implementing ICommand interface.
- Fixes DataGrid focus issue when you set the focus on a cell at the edge of a DataGrid and when you press the arrow key that corresponds to the edge column.
- Resolves an infinite loop and System.OutOfMemoryException exception when you attempt to create a custom panel that implements the IScrollInfo interface.
- Fixes System.InvalidCastException exception when you call the ScrollIntoView method on a ListBox or a DataGrid.
- Fixes System.NullReferenceException exception when you try to implement the INotifyDataErrorInfo interface on an object or when your object raises the ErrorsChanged event.
Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- Resolves slow performance issues associated with Array.Sort method
- The update resolves "Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program" error that you might experience after you upgrade from .NET Framework 4 to 4.5
- Fixes reading of performance counters from ASP.NET after upgrading from an earlier version of .NET to .NET 4.5.
- Fixes incorrect return of value when using Type.IsAssignableFrom method after an upgrade to .NET Framework 4.5.
- Fixes exception handling in CryptoStream class
- Fixes System.Security.SecurityException exception when third party controls are used after an upgrade from .NET 4 to .NET 4.5
- Fixes menu interaction and child windows behaviour
- Fixes TableLayoutPanel control cell positioning
- Fixes Color return value when using System.Windows.Forms.FontDialog.Color property
- Fixes exception when you try to redefine the default XML namespace during XSL transformation
- Fixes System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException exception when XmlSerializer class is used to serialize an array of structs that implements IEnumerable interface
Network Class Library
- Fixes chunked responses issue when asynchronous APIs are used
- Fixes unhandled exception and subsequent crash during SSL renegotiation while the application is sending data
- Fixes thread pool freezing issue in HttpWebRequest class
- Fixes unhandled exception and subsequent crash when a HTTP request is aborted and proxy authentication is being negotiated at the same time
- Fixes display of Traditional Chinese version of the content when a web application is accessed through Traditional Chinese version of Windows 8
- Fixes the value of ASP.NET performance counters on a remote computer when using Perfmon.exe program on your local system.
- Fixes the compilation error as a result of inserting <thread> tag into an HTML table control on an ASP.NET page using Visual Studio 2012.
- Fixes the role cookie value when cachedRolesInCookie property is set to true
- Fixes the page redirection issue when AntiXssEncoder type is turned on in the application and when using NavigateUrl property in HyperLink web server control
- Fixes performance reduction issues due to generation of SQL statements in Entity Framework when used with SQL Server Compact 3.5 or SQL Server Compact 4.0 or when the application make use of LINQ to Entities query to perform multiple JOIN statements on the entity sets to obtain data.
- Improves query performance when you attempt to run an application that queries for data by using Entity Framework on a computer that has the .NET Framework 4.5 installed or when the query uses "group by view" constructs.
Windows Workflow Foundation (WF)
- Fixes the resource files embedding issue into the assembly when you create or open an existing Visual Studio 2010 Activity Library project
- Fixes the workflow designer loading issue when you create a workflow console application project named WorkflowConsoleApplication1
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Fixes System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException exception when you attempt to create a .NET Framework 4.0 based WCF service project on a computer that has .NET Framework 4.5 installed or when you set the value of the aspNetCompatibilityEnabled property to true in the web.config file.
- Fixes System.Xml.XmlException exception when public API ByteStreamMessageEncoder.CreateMessage creates an XmlDictionaryReader class that uses the default XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas class instead of the maximum quotas defined in XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas.Max.
- Fixes the error message when you try to access HttpRequest.InputStream property instead of a service operation.
- Fixes the missing types problem when you try to generate WCF proxies for ASMX services by using either the Add Service
- Reference dialog or the .NET Framework 4.5 Svcutil.exe utility
- Fixes empty Reference.cs file when you attempt to create an ASP.NET MVC4 Web API project in Visual Studio 2012 or when you add a WCF service reference in the project
According to Microsoft, you need not have to restart the computer after the installation of this update if the affected files are not being used.
Anatole Tresch Mar 03, 2015