QCon London 2013 in 3 Weeks (March 6-8); Top Tracks, Sessions, and Speakers
Going into its seventh year, QCon London is the largest event in the UK for senior influencers in software development. With over 1,200 attendees expected this year - team leads, architects, senior software engineers, and project managers - QCon London 2013 will feature over 100 speakers presenting across 20 tracks. With only 3 weeks left before the event, there is still time to save £216 if you register before Feb 8th.
Here are the most popular tracks, sessions, and speakers at the upcoming QCon London according to page view traffic on QConLondon.com:
- Architectures of the Small & Beautiful - Look under the design hood of well-known and popular services that choose to focus on one thing and do it well
- Building Web APIs: Opening & Linking your Data - Take a deep dive into how innovators are building and deploying their applications to the cloud
- Agile in Actuality: Stories from the Front Lines - Hear honest war stories and new ideas from real people who have experienced the tough side of applying Agile/Lean and how they dealt with it
- Architectural Hangover Cure - Learn how to deal with the consequences of ill-conceived architectural strategies
- The Modern Web Stack - See what the future of Web Development has in store; hear about new technologies and techniques being developed now, along side those that have stood the test of time
- Put a UI Developer in a Bank; See what happens - See how banks are improving their workflow for web based applications and how they are supporting everything from the bleeding edge to old IE browsers
- Keynote: Fun With Dead Languages - Watch in mesmerized terror as Damian Conway hacks code in several unrelated programming languages (none of them Perl)
- Keynote: The power of abstraction - Learn how the abstraction mechanisms we use today came to be, how they are supported in programming languages, and some possible areas for future research
- Accelerating Agile: hyper-performing without the hype - Explore agile in actuality: genuine patterns, ideas, and experiences from active practitioners; Agile is an attitude, not a rulebook.
- Performance testing Java applications - Explore when to start performance testing, how to avoid the common pitfalls, how to profile when the results cause your team to pull a funny face
- Martin Thompson - High-Performance Computing Specialist
- Ward Cunningham - Host of AgileManifesto.org
- Dan North - Agile Troublemaker & Inventor of BDD
- Damian Conway - Well-known member of the international Perl community
- Barbara Liskov - Institute Professor, MIT
The complete QCon London 2013 conference schedule can be viewed here.
Bring your colleagues with you to QCon and take advantage of our group discounts. To get your group discount email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QCon London 2012 drew over 1,100 attendees last year and elicited thousands of tweets and hundreds of blogs all of which are summarized in the Key Takeaway Points and Lessons Learned from QCon London 2012. We hope you can join us for QCon London 2013. Register before Feb 8th and save £216.
QCon is co-produced by InfoQ.com and Trifork, producer of the Danish GOTO conference.
Shane Hastie on Distributed Agile Teams, Product Ownership and the Agile Manifesto Translation Program
Shane Hastie Apr 17, 2015