Announcing QCon New York 2013 (June 12-14); Registration Open; Tracks Announced
Registration is now open for QCon New York 2013 (June 12-14). The second annual event - taking place at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge - will feature over 100 speakers, 15 tracks, and many opportunities for networking. Register before Feb 15th and save $650.
QCon New York is a practitioner-driven conference designed for people influencing innovation in their software development teams: team leads, architects, project managers, engineering directors. There will be two days of full & half day tutorials from June 10-11 (Mon-Tues) and a full 3-day conference from June 12-14 (Wed-Fri) featuring 15 tracks:
- Polyglot Architectures - Combining best of breed languages, platforms and paradigms
- Continuous Delivery - Learn how to release software on demand, at the push of a button
- HTML5 and Modern Web Languages - Explore the latest innovations with HTML5 development frameworks and languages
- Hot Technologies for Financial Services - See cutting edge technology for capital and money markets, retail/investment banking, trading systems, credit card companies, exchanges, and more
- Java Innovations - Get the latest on Java languages, frameworks and ports
- Real LIfe Cloud Computing - Delve into case studies, best practices, and technology overview of cloud computing
- Applied Data Science - Learn how to make the most of your big data infrastructure (data crunching with NumPy/R, etc; forecasting from big data; real-time processing, visualizations, machine learning, etc.)
- Big Data - Explore the hottest technologies NoSQL, Distributed Processing, and Cloud Computing for Big Data
- Architectures You've Always Wondered About - Learn directly from some of teh most well-known and high-volume web applications in the world such as Twitter, eBay, Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Netflix.
- Culture - How to build and maintain compelling teams
- Lean Startup Applied - From Lean U/X workflows to determining MVP's to the impact of "experiment-based" development on engineering teams and practices: learn how to bring 'Lean Startup' into the enterprise
- Taming Mobile - Tackle the biggest issues in mobile development today
- (Post)Functional - Hear about the leading edge of functional programming - and beyond
- Robustness and High Availability - Learn about the latest methodologies, techniques, and tools for planning, building, and supporting highly available and performing systems
QCon's mission is to present the latest developments as they become relevant and interesting for the software development community. Conference keynotes, presentation, and tutorial topics and speakers are all selected and vetted by the QCon New York program committee which is comprised of seasoned industry practitioners, all of whom are InfoQ readers, such as yourself. The result is a highly pragmatic, non-vendor forum that provides attendees with inspiration, energy, and a desire to learn.
Registration is $1,545 ($650 off) for the 3-day conference. Register now to receive the best rate available.
Corporate and group discounts are also available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
(Note to interested speakers: while there is no formal call-for-papers for QCon New York 2013, you can still submit a talk for consideration here.
Camille Fournier May 21, 2015