NuoDB 1.1 Targets .NET Developers
NuoDB 1.1 includes a ADO.NET driver, LINQ and EF providers, support for Windows 64-bit and Azure, performance improvements.
NuoDB is a NewSQL database with full support for SQL queries and ACID transactions, built on a key-value storage manager that persists data to the file system, Amazon S3 or HDFS. NuoDB 1.0 GA was announced in January 2013, and after two point versions including fixes, version 1.1 was released this month with enhancements and improvements in three areas:
- Support for Windows Server, Windows 7 & 8 64-bit
- Full support for VS 2012, LINQ and Entity Framework, including SQL browsing capabilities
- ADO.NET open source driver
- Support for running NuoDB on Azure
Productivity and Performance
- 33% better scaling performance
- Up to 50% increased performance for heavy workloads
- Demand simulation tools for testing purposes
- SQL Explorer integrated into the management console for browsing, creating, deleting or editing database tables. Browsing can also be done with standard database browsing tools such as Visual Studio or SQuirreL SQL Client.
NuoDB has made their database available on Amazon Marketplace running on a Linux machine, providing multi-tenancy for hundreds of clients on a single application instance, and having disaster recovery built-in.
NuoDB comes with drivers for Node.js, PHP, Ruby, JRuby, Drupal, Go, Perl, and .NET. NuoDB runs on Windows, Mac OS, various Linux flavors and Solaris. There are three editions of the database, the community one being “free forever.”
Maybe next time better read the documentation?
Node.js, PHP, Ruby, JRuby, Drupal, Go, Perl, and .NET
However when following the provided link, nuodb.github.io/, Go and Drupal are not mentioned, while C++ is was left out of the article, is described in the documentation.
Re: Maybe next time better read the documentation?
I did not see C++ mentioned anywhere. But, I did not say Node.js, PHP, ..., .NET are the only drivers either.
Tom Gilb & Kai Gilb Jan 26, 2015