QCon New York 2014 Update: Netflix, LinkedIn, Google, Foursquare Case Studies Confirmed (Jun 11-13)
The third annual QCon New York (Jun 11-13, 2014) will feature in-depth case studies from LinkedIn, Netflix, Foursquare, Google, Mount Sinai, Gilt and others. Software Engineers, Technical Leads, and Data Scientists at these companies will describe how they're dealing with some of the greatest challenges in the arenas of Big Data, DevOps, Cloud Computing, Architecture, and Software Delivery. Register before Mar 15th and save $500.
The following sessions for QCon New York 2014 have just been confirmed:
- Data Science @ LinkedIn, by Daniel Tunkelang, Head of Query Understanding at LinkedIn; Asif Makhani, Director of Engineering, Search at LinkedIn
- Data Science @ Mount Sinai, by Jeff Hammerbacher, Founder, Cloudera; Creator of Facebook's Data Science Practice
- Scaling Foursquare: From Check-ins to Recommendations, by Jon Hoffman, Foursquare Engineer
- Solidifying the Cloud : How Google Backs Up the Internet, by Raymond Blum, Data integrity obsessed Site Reliability Engineer, Google
- End to End Reactive Programming at Netflix, by Jafar Husain, Technical Lead at Netflix
- Scaling Gilt: from Monolithic Ruby Application to Distributed Scala Micro-Services Architecture, by Yoni Goldberg, Lead Software Engineer, Gilt
- Are your GC logs speaking to you, the G1GC edition, by Kirk Pepperdine, World Renowned Java Performance Expert
- Spring 4 on Java 8, by Juergen Hoeller, Software Engineer, Pivotal
- Building an Enterprise PaaS, Dave McCrory, SVP of Engineering, Warner Music
Past QCons in New York have featured speakers such as:
- Rajiv Pant - New York Times CTO
- Eric Evans - Creator of Domain-Driven Design
- Mohammad Rezaei - PhD, VP & Architect - Goldman Sachs
- Erik Meijer - Creator Rx, LINQ
- Rob Witoff - Data Scientist, CTO's office @ NASA
- Bruce Schneier - Security Guru with over 12 books, BT Chief Security Officer
- Jeremy Edberg - Reliability Architect for Netflix
- Rich Hickey - Author of Clojure and Datomic
- Dave Farley - Author of Jolt award winning "Continuous Delivery"
- Charlie Hunt - Architect of Performance Engineering at Salesforce.com
- Brian Murphy – New York Times Head of Mobile and Gaming
- Jim Webber - Chief Scientist at Neo Technology & Co-Author of "Rest in Practice"
- Blake Matheny - Director of Platform Engineering, Tumblr
The 8th annual OSGi DevCon, will be co-located with QCon New York this year. The OSGi DevCon 2014 Call For Presentations (CFP) is now closed and the Selection Committee are busy reviewing. As ever the response and quality of submissions has been excellent and the Selection Committee are going to have a tough time making their picks. The schedule for OSGi DevCon 2014 will be anin early April so stay tuned. If you have any questions you can reach us by email.
Registration for QCon New York is $1,795 ($500 off) for the 3-day conference (including OSGi DevCon). Register before March 15th to receive the best rate available.
Iordanis Giannakakis, Savvas Dalkitsis Aug 28, 2015
Ben Linders Aug 28, 2015