WebLogic Server 9.2, Portal 9.2, Workshop on Eclipse Released
- WebLogic Server 9.2 (download, what's new, developer center). BEA's Stu Charlton summarized key notables (TSS):
- Support for custom XACML v2.0 roles and policies
- Data: Dynamic multi data sources for dynamic database cluster add/remove (with Oracle RAC) and MS SQL Server 2005 JDBC driver support
- Messaging: Client-side JMS store and forward, automatic consumer failover, and unit-of-work JMS message groups
- Web Services: SOAP 1.2, WS-SecureConversations (Feb 2005) support, Streaming SOAP attachments, multiple Web Service transports (HTTP/S & JMS), and WS-Addressing based callbacks
- Filtering classloaders to specify specific classes to be loaded from the application vs. the system classpath
- Job scheduling through a cluster-aware implementation of the Apache Commons Timer API
- Future response API for HTTP servlets, splitting request from response threads for long-running operations
- WebLogic Portal 9.2 (download, docs, developer center) - Product Manager Josh Lannin introduced some of the new features, which include:
- Federated Portals via WSRP 1.1, SAML 1.1, and more
- JSR 170 API CMS support, as well as WebDav
- and more
- Workshop for WebLogic 9.2 (download, docs, developer center). Chris Hogue blogged the highlights a while ago, which include complete JSR 181 annotation support.
How Can We Use Our Creative Power and Technological Opportunity to Address the Challenges of the 21st Century?
Gyorgyi Galik Feb 26, 2015