PostRank Labs released an open source version of their Ruby web server framework powering PostRank. Goliath, is an asynchronous server designed for speed, leveraging key features of Ruby 1.9+. Goliath creates fast web and data services not unlike node.js but sticking with what Ruby developers know..Ruby. Discover how easy it can be to create manageable server-side services with Ruby.
The main takeway points and lessons learned from QCon San Francisco 2010 as seen by the many attendees who blogged about QCon. Experience QCon through the opinions of the attendees!
This article provides a brief introduction to FlexMonkey and then walks through debugging issues that can be encountered when testing with FlexMonkey. 4
This article aims to provide more insight into the motivation and technical challenges that the LinkedIn team faced, while combining Scala, JRuby and Voldemort, at such scale.
Mirah is a new language for the JVM that can do everything the Java language can do - but with a Ruby-ish syntax and powerful metaprogramming. InfoQ talks to Mirah's creator Charles Nutter. 12
Heshan Suriyaarachchi explores how Apache Axis2 can be extended to support JVM based scripting languages allowing them to be used to both expose web services and write web service clients. 1
To assess the state of Adobe Flex for enterprise adoption, InfoQ has conducted a virtual panel with the creators of some of the most popular third-party flex frameworks. 4
InfoQ caught up with Charles Nutter to talk about the state of JRuby: the 1.5 release, Ahead of Time compilation, and what's coming up in 1.6 and with features in Java 7.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download