Simon Wardley talks about Amazon and it's competitive landscape, including Google, OpenStack, telcos and the hardware manufactures. Looking at how Amazon got to be so dominant in the IaaS space, the missteps by established vendors in letting it, and where future competition might come from. With a short detour to discuss Cloud Foundry and platform strategy.
Cloud Foundry creator Derek Collison talks about building the next generation of PaaS with his Continuum product at Apcera, and how Go was chosen as the core language for its development. He also talks about his earlier career at Tibco, Google and VMware, and the role of messaging systems like AMQP and MQTT.
In this interview we talk with Adrian Cockcroft, the architect for Netflix’s cloud systems team. We discuss how Netflix combines 300 loosely coupled services across 10,000 machines. An interesting revelation is that they fully embrace continuous delivery and each team is allowed to deploy new versions of their service whenever they want.
Ganesh Prasad explains how the contribution of SOA is the management of dependencies between systems, how SOA is a design aspect and not a technological one, and much more.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download