John Kordyback explains why you should and how you can introduce Continuous Delivery into a typical enterprise, where dozens of systems adopted over the years generate massive complexity. Learn how value-stream mapping and Lean Startup thinking help to create a deployment process which serves as a solid foundation for further improvements on the whole software change lifecycle.
Following up on his previous article on preparing for CD in the enterprise, Andrew Phillips reviews state-of-the-art plugins and solutions in the Jenkins ecosystem for achieving efficient, reproducible and secure delivery pipelines. Helped by none other than Jenkins creator, Kohsuke Kawaguchi.
InfoQ reached out to experienced ops engineers to ask them what is “Immutable Infrastructure”, its borders as well as its benefits and drawbacks, in particular compared to desired state convergence.
The second edition of Stephen Nelson-Smith's book "Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef" describes a testing workflow and tools for writing fully tested infrastructure code
Yaniv Yehuda looks at the challenges involved in automating database deployments and offer suggestions based on Agile and DevOps concepts. 6
There has been a raging debate about PaaS and whether it is still a valuable part of a cloud portfolio, so InfoQ reached out to 4 leaders in the cloud domain for their opinions on the future of PaaS.
Raffi Krikorian, Vice President of Platform Engineering at Twitter, gives an insight on how Twitter prepares for unexpected traffic peaks and how system architecture is designed to support failure. 1
Monty Taylor and James Blair talk about the build and test challenges they face at OpenStack, and how they managed to tackle them.
Software can take inordinate amounts of time to develop and test. With the cloud, achieving hyper-agile software development is feasible with these key principles for building a next-gen dev/test lab.
In this article we hear a very personal story on introducing a DevOps mindset at a large bank. In particular how the automation of configuration and release management processes enabled collaboration.
Chris Smith offers insights on how to leverage the increasing employee adoption of cloud services (Bring Your Own Cloud) to perform their work. Understanding the risks and benefits becomes essential.
Deploying real applications is hard. Questions arise when there are Registry settings, custom folders structure, or web clusters. Here we look for answers using PowerShell and AppVeyor CI.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download