There has been a raging debate about PaaS and whether it is still a valuable part of a cloud portfolio, so InfoQ reached out to four leaders in the cloud domain (cloud advocate Krish Subramanian, cloud developer Dan Turkenkopf, cloud executive JP Morgenthal, and cloud expert James Urquhart) for their opinions on the future of PaaS.
Monty Taylor and James Blair talk about the build and test challenges they face at OpenStack, and how they managed to tackle them.
Software can take inordinate amounts of time to develop and test. With the cloud, achieving hyper-agile software development is feasible with these key principles for building a next-gen dev/test lab.
In this article we hear a very personal story on introducing a DevOps mindset at a large bank. In particular how the automation of configuration and release management processes enabled collaboration.
Chris Smith offers insights on how to leverage the increasing employee adoption of cloud services (Bring Your Own Cloud) to perform their work. Understanding the risks and benefits becomes essential.
What’s the best way to protect servers in the cloud? To find out, InfoQ spoke with Mark Nunnikhoven, a Principal Engineer in the Cloud & Emerging Technologies division at Trend Micro.
Deploying real applications is hard. Questions arise when there are Registry settings, custom folders structure, or web clusters. Here we look for answers using PowerShell and AppVeyor CI.
Matthias Marschall contributes powerful tactical information for all users of Opscode Chef, from the beginner up to expert, in his recently published book "Chef Infrastructure Automation Cookbook".
Today organizations that are on a Devops journey often end up implementing in pockets that are not scaleable. This article addresses some of the challenges and suggests ideas to overcome them. 3
The Android Developer’s Cookbook is a solid reference book for mobile app developers that can serve as an authoritative guide for sound programming practices. A nice addition to a dev's book shelf. 1
One of the biggest challenges in modern business is how you integrate subsidiaries and present a single global view so that customers and partners find it simpler to integrate with your organisation.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download