Robert Benefield explains the importance of business and operations understanding each other better and how they can kickstart that understanding through collaboration. He talks about the need to find meaningful metrics for business. He discusses how methodologies for operations (ITIL, COBIT) and development (Scrum, Kanban) differ and what can be learned from both.
Chris Mattmann explains the type and magnitude of data produced in scientific projects like the Square Kilometer Array Telescope, the tools to use for scientific data processing and much more.
Cloud Foundry creator Derek Collison talks about building the next generation of PaaS with his Continuum product at Apcera, and how Go was chosen as the core language for its development. He also talks about his earlier career at Tibco, Google and VMware, and the role of messaging systems like AMQP and MQTT.
In this interview, Dave Farley approaches Continuous Delivery both from human and technological perspectives. Do flow-based methodologies play better with CD than iteration-based ones? How to do CD on a DevOps unfriendly context? From a technological perspective, learn the importance of artifact repositories and why you should avoid branching as much as possible.
Todd Charron talks about some of the outcomes from Lean Startup Machine in Toronto, applying Lean Startup in the Enterprise and how can us improvisation techniques in Agile to reduce our fears.
Chris Clarke from Collabnet talks about the evolution of ALM, how Agile has affected its uptake across all levels of the organisation and some of the important metrics Agile teams should be measuring.
Hadoop, the distributive file system and MapReduce are just a few of the topics covered in this interview recorded live at QCon San Francisco 2013. Industry-standard Agile implementation and a lot of testing, assures the development team at Ancestry.com that they have an app that can handle the large traffic demands of the popular genealogy site.
Chris McMahon discusses radically open source testing at Wikipedia and has put out a call for the testing community to participate, as well as discussing approaches to browser test automation.
Deepak Giridharagopal explains the config management and automation tool Puppet, the concept of Immutable Deployments, and how Puppet DB (written in Clojure) allows to monitor and query systems managed with Puppet. Also: why PuppetDB is written in Clojure.
Bryan Beecham (aka Billy Garnet) reminds us that "XP not dead!" and shares his approach to teaching TDD and refactoring with Lego and applying XP and craftsmanship in teams as well as the human body.
Xavier Amatriain discusses how Netflix uses specialized roles, including that of the Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineer, to deliver valuable data at the right time to Netflix' customer base through a mixture of offline, online, and nearline data processes. Xavier also discusses what it takes to become a Machine Learning Engineer and how to gain real experience in the field.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download