We interviewed David Haney, creator of SimplSockets for .NET about TCP programming in the modern age.
Vlasov Studio has released an extension for VS 2010 and later that restores the ability to create and run macros in both VB and C#.
TypedMVVM is a collection of samples and libraries developed by Davide Zordan which enables enable developers to build Windows Store apps using WinJS, TypeScript and MVVM.
The first update for VS2013 is bringing bug fixes and the oft-requested support for systems running Internet Explorer 9.
Wix 3.8 Adds VS 2013 Support in Votive and WiX Native Library and Bootstrapper Application Functions
Wix 3.8 has been released with support for Visual Studio 2013 in Votive and WiX native libraries. The release also includes bootstrapper application functions which extends WixStandardBootstrapperApplication including the ability to detect Windows 8.1 in Burn.
NTVS, short for Node.js Tools for Visual Studio, offers Node.js developers a fully featured IDE complete with Intellisense, package management, profiling, and debugging. NTVS is a joint effort by Microsoft’s Python Tools team, RedGate, Clickberry, and others.
The recently released Visual Commander Professional v1.3 includes 99 commands, 50 extensions including syntax highlighting for C#. It also provides an ability to select default language for new commands and extensions by selecting the macro language in addition to several improvements.
Domain-Driven Design, DDD, is all about the domain, not about persistence. With a history of database programming for 25 years, later years using Entity Framework, Julie Lerman, a consultant on the .NET platform and a Microsoft MVP, in a recent presentation at the Øredev developer conference shares her persistence experiences when moving into DDD.
The recently released List & Label 19 provides support for report parameters, collection variables, new chart types such as combined, stacked, funnel, pipeline, shapefile and donut in addition to support for OData and REST data providers.
After a long incubation period, Microsoft released its cloud-based integration tool called Windows Azure BizTalk Services. While reiterating their commitment to their on-premises integration tools, Microsoft has said that it will push innovation to its cloud platform first.
Telerik has added LightBox control to its ASP.NET control suite with support for templates, items collection in addition to advanced features such as automatic resizing, keyboard navigation and paging.
A new CTP for Visual Studio 2013 allows developers to sample increased support for modern C++11/14 features. The CTP can be used with both Visual Studio Express and VS2013 Professional or greater.
The team behind the website FeedbackHound has taken ownership of the Unity.Mvc and Unity.WebAPI. These open source libraries allow for integration between ASP.NET MVC & Web API and Microsoft’s IoC framework, Unity.
ComponentOne has recently released Studio Enterprise 2013 v3 with a new ThemeRoller for ASP.NET, mobile controls, support for Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013 in addition to a new project template based on Bootstrap theming framework.
Telerik has released an update to their RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2013 control suite with support for Visual Studio 2013 and Internet Explorer 11 including several new features and bug fixes.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
Featured Offers and Resources:
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- Break Down Barriers and Reduce Cycle Times with DevOps
- 5 Key Phases in Creating a Successful Mobile App
- Ushering in a New Era of APM for the Enterprise
- IDC Analyst Connection: The Case for SaaS Application Performance Management
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download