Despite the fact that Python is not a pure-functional programming language, it's multi-paradigm and it gives you enough freedom to take credits from functional programming approach. Library fn.py was created in order to assist Python developers in using a functional programming style.
In this article Raimo explains the challenges and the solutions he had to come up with, while building a motoric HTML5 game for the NodeKO contest.
Moscrif is a cross-platform solution for mobile application development enabling developers to create native applications and games for smartphones, tablets and desktops.
James Ward spoke at JavaOne 2012 Conference about Client Server Application Development with HTML5 and Java. InfoQ spoke with James about his presentation and this application development trend. 1
“Sams Teach Yourself jQuery Mobile In 24 Hrs” is a new book by Phil Dutson that introduces web developers to building mobile web apps with JQuery Mobile 1
David Pitt presents a guide for combining specific frameworks for the basic functionality of HTML5-based mobile applications, and discusses development considerations that mobile applications require. 7
Groovy 2.0 brings key static features to the language with static type checking and static compilation. In this article, we’re going to look into those new features in more detail. 23
Matt Callanan has been pushing the boundaries of Agile software development and most recently he extended that journey to DevOps. InfoQ caught up with Matt to find out more about his experiences. 1
Basic best practices for Grails projects gathered from mailing list, Stack Overflow, blogs, podcasts and internal discussions at IntelliGrape, categorized under controller, service, domain, views... 3
This article walks you through building an application with Ember.js, showing the MVC system, data binding, as well as how to build GUI and Touch support. 9
"Pro HTML5 and CSS3 Design Patterns" catalogs many common patterns in modern HTML5 applications. InfoQ talked to one of the book's authors, Dionysios Synodinos, about the book and working with HTML5. 1
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download