David Pitt presents a guide to combining specific frameworks and structures for the basic functionality of HTML5-based mobile applications. He discusses the development considerations mobile devices require, difficulties necessary to overcome with HTML5 development, and a detailed example implementation of an HTML5-based mobile application with MVC architecture.
The newly released Groovy 2.0 brings key static features to the language with static type checking and static compilation, adopts JDK 7 related improvements with Project Coin syntax enhancements and the support of the new “invoke dynamic” JVM instruction, and becomes more modular than before. In this article, we’re going to look into those new features in more detail.
Matt Callanan has been pushing the boundaries of Agile software development and most recently he extended that journey to DevOps. InfoQ caught up with Matt to find out more about his experiences.
Basic best practices for Grails projects gathered from mailing list, Stack Overflow, blogs, podcasts and internal discussions at IntelliGrape, categorized under controller, service, domain, views... 3
This article walks you through building an application with Ember.js, showing the MVC system, data binding, as well as how to build GUI and Touch support. 9
"Pro HTML5 and CSS3 Design Patterns" catalogs many common patterns in modern HTML5 applications. InfoQ talked to one of the book's authors, Dionysios Synodinos, about the book and working with HTML5. 1
Google has previewed Dart, a new language with a VM but also a JS compiler. InfoQ looks beyond the grammar at Dart's contributions for building apps: Snapshots, Isolates, Modularity. 2
Node.js in Action by Mike Cantelon and TJ Holowaychuk, is a book that tries to introduce the platform to web developers coming to Node from established technologies such as Ruby on Rails and PHP. 1
InfoQ catches up with David Pollak and Dick Wall to comment on brouhaha stirring "Yes, Virginia, Scala is hard" post, as well as the future of Scala (opinions on Groovy, Ceylon, Java Lambda, and more) 21
Node.js doesn’t directly expose facilities for multiple-core concurrency. InfoQ has conducted a virtual panel with the creators of Node.js projects that deal with this issue. 1
SpringSource CTO Adrian Colyer, discusses the impact of mobile devices, HTML 5 and cloud-computing on enterprise IT generally, and SpringSource's Cloud Foundary product.
Christopher Moyer has written a new book, which revolves around architecture and design patterns that can be used to build and host scalable, reliable applications in the cloud.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
Featured Offers and Resources:
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- Break Down Barriers and Reduce Cycle Times with DevOps
- 5 Key Phases in Creating a Successful Mobile App
- Ushering in a New Era of APM for the Enterprise
- IDC Analyst Connection: The Case for SaaS Application Performance Management
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download