Kevin Moore explains the motivations behind Dart, the status of the Dart language and VM, the Dart library ecosystem and much more.
Sven Efftinge talks with Alex Blewitt at EclipseCon 2013 in Boston about Xtend, a Java-compatible language which, and Xtext, a general DSL and IDE editor framework. Read on to find out more.
Ben Christensen explains how Netflix manages to stay online even with millions of users, the Hystrix fault tolerance library, how Netflix discovered reactive programming and why it ported Rx to Java.
Ward Cunningham talks about the continuing appeal of OOP and dynamic languages, asynchronous programming, and much more. Also: Ward explains the ideas behind his latest project Federated Wiki.
Tomas Petricek explains F# and some of its features like Type Providers, pits F# Computation Expressions vs Monads, and highlights issues teaching functional programming to developers, and much more.
Jeff talks about the powerful features that come with Grails 2 and how it can be used as a rapid application development framework. He also compares it with Rails and Django and explains how it can be combined with other components from the Spring portfolio.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download