Jeff talks about the powerful features that come with Grails 2 and how it can be used as a rapid application development framework. He also compares it with Rails and Django and explains how it can be combined with other components from the Spring portfolio.
Enda talks about the challenges his team faced while developing the Enyo framework. He also gives an overview of how it works and how it aims to help developers deliver apps across different devices.
Stuart Williams explains vert.x: basic idea and architecture, how it uses Java's NIO and async APIs, how it allows using various JVM languages (Groovy, JRuby, Scala, etc), the EventBus and much more.
Bob Lee explains the popularity of Java, future language features like Lambdas, DI with Guice vs. the Dagger framework, the role of Java vs. Ruby at Square, hiring at Square, security and much more.
Declan Whelan discusses Agile Coaching and the lessons learnt returning to coding as part of a new lean startup as well Agile Coach Camp, pair coaching and his role on the Agile Alliance board.
Damian Conway explains where Perl 5.x is used today and why (hint: the CPAN library repository), and what Perl 6 offers: modern OOP, an optional type system, libraries for parallelism and concurrency, and very powerful built-in tools for parsing including extensible grammars.
Stefan Tilkov explains the importance of Hypermedia in REST and how to use it, ROCA (Resource oriented client architecture), WebSockets vs polling or server sent events, and much more.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download