TestDriven.NET 2.0 released
Last week Jamie Cansdale announced the release of TestDriven.NET version 2.0 which is compatible with all versions of the .NET Framework. TestDriven.NET is a unit testing plug-in for Visual Studio. TestDriven.NET supports multiple unit testing frameworks including NUnit, MBUnit and Visual Studio Team System.
Use of TestDriven.NET facilitates the practice of Test Driven Development, TDD, in which a developer will write unit tests before they actually write code. TDD has been proven to increase the quality of developer code and encourages complete code coverage.
Main Features of TestDriven.NET:
- Works with all versions of VS.NET
- Run unit tests virtually anywhere
- Support of major unit test frameworks
- Supports all major languages
- Execute any method as an ad-hoc test
- Runs in its own process
New Features in 2.0:
- Reflector integration
- Code Coverage with NCover or Team Coverage
- Support for repeating a test run
- Support for choosing a specific version of the .NET Framework
- TypeMock.NET integration
Reaction in the blogosphere has been very positive with many supporting the new release and in good humour, Jamie himself submitted the news to Digg.
Brandon Holt, Preston Briggs, Luis Ceze, Mark Oskin May 21, 2015
Kai Kreuzer, Olaf Weinmann May 21, 2015