TestDriven.NET 2.0 released
Last week Jamie Cansdale announced the release of TestDriven.NET version 2.0 which is compatible with all versions of the .NET Framework. TestDriven.NET is a unit testing plug-in for Visual Studio. TestDriven.NET supports multiple unit testing frameworks including NUnit, MBUnit and Visual Studio Team System.
Use of TestDriven.NET facilitates the practice of Test Driven Development, TDD, in which a developer will write unit tests before they actually write code. TDD has been proven to increase the quality of developer code and encourages complete code coverage.
Main Features of TestDriven.NET:
- Works with all versions of VS.NET
- Run unit tests virtually anywhere
- Support of major unit test frameworks
- Supports all major languages
- Execute any method as an ad-hoc test
- Runs in its own process
New Features in 2.0:
- Reflector integration
- Code Coverage with NCover or Team Coverage
- Support for repeating a test run
- Support for choosing a specific version of the .NET Framework
- TypeMock.NET integration
Reaction in the blogosphere has been very positive with many supporting the new release and in good humour, Jamie himself submitted the news to Digg.