Announcing QCon: New conference in London, UK, March 12-16, by InfoQ and JAOO
QCon is a conference organized jointly by InfoQ.com and JAOO (organizers of the 10 year running JAOO conference in Denmark). The event will feature 2 tutorial days (March 12,13th) followed by three full conference days with multiple tracks. In the tradition of InfoQ.com and JAOO conferences, QCon is designed with the technical depth and enterprise focus of interest to technical team leads, architects, and project managers and will be similar to JAOO in it's commitment to quality content and a high quality attendee experience. Past JAOO speakers included Amazon CTO Werner Vogels, Martin Fowler, Eric Evans, Rod Johnson, Alistair Cockburn, David H. Hansson Dave Thomas, and others. QCon will feature a similar high quality and diverse group of speakers from the communities and topics covered on InfoQ.
QCon's sessions are still being organized, but the tracks will include Architecture & Design, Java, .NET, Ruby, SOA, Agile, Ajax, and IT in Finance. Some of the early speakers committed include:
- Rod Johnson - Creator, Spring
- Jeff Sutherland - Co-creator, Scrum
- Erik Meijer - Creator - LINQ
- Gavin King - Creator, Hibernate, Seam
- Anne Thomas-Manes -SOA Expert Analyst
- Obie Fernandez - Author, Rails Dev Guide, InfoQ Ruby editor
- Joshua Kerievsky, Author, Refactoring to Patterns, IndustrialXP
- Linda DeMicheil - EJB spec lead
- Alexandru Popescu - InfoQ Architect, WebWork & DWR committer
- Scott Delap, Author, Desktop Java Live, InfoQ Java editor
- Rich Kilmer - RubyConf organizer, Ruby Hacker
- Floyd Marinescu - InfoQ co-founder and TSS creator
- Graeme Rocher - Grails lead
- Deborah Hartmann - InfoQ Agile Editor
- AMQ protocol creators/implementors.
For InfoQ.com we are extremely happy to be working with JAOO on producing this conference. JAOO is a prestigous annual event in Denmark respected worldwide. We think that QCon could become an big and important new annual conference since the UK does not have such an event, and the London location provides an easily accessible world-class location. Join us at QCon this March!
See also past QCon/JAOO talks available online on Infoq:
- Martin Fowler on Domain Specific Languages
- Jeff Sutherland on the origins of Scrum
- Ivar Jacobson on UML, AOP, Methodologies
Tom Gilb & Kai Gilb Jan 26, 2015