BEA SOA Cost Benefits Survey Results
- 46% of companies intend to deploy 1-50 services within a year, 24% 51-100, and 15% 101-200 services
- 75% of companies expected 11-40% reuse, 54% expected 21-40% reuse
- 39% said that justifying SOA is impeding the start or extension of SOA projects, and of those, securing funding and lack of confidence in a big enough ROI were cited as reasons
- IT cost savings was primary driver for European firms, whereas North American firms primarily listed business agility / time to market
- Almost half of the surveyed organizations had spent over $1M in SOA
- 40% of the costs listed to justify SOA were for allocated for service infrastructure
- ESB was listed as the highest spend:
A summary of the report is available from BEA (registration required).
Tiago Romero Garcia Mar 01, 2015
How Can We Use Our Creative Power and Technological Opportunity to Address the Challenges of the 21st Century?
Gyorgyi Galik Feb 26, 2015