BEA SOA Cost Benefits Survey Results
- 46% of companies intend to deploy 1-50 services within a year, 24% 51-100, and 15% 101-200 services
- 75% of companies expected 11-40% reuse, 54% expected 21-40% reuse
- 39% said that justifying SOA is impeding the start or extension of SOA projects, and of those, securing funding and lack of confidence in a big enough ROI were cited as reasons
- IT cost savings was primary driver for European firms, whereas North American firms primarily listed business agility / time to market
- Almost half of the surveyed organizations had spent over $1M in SOA
- 40% of the costs listed to justify SOA were for allocated for service infrastructure
- ESB was listed as the highest spend:
A summary of the report is available from BEA (registration required).
Daniel Jebaraj Mar 12, 2014
Evolving Culture and Values. Understanding the Tradeoffs. Growth through Failure. The Importance of Leadership and Open Communication.
Pedram Keyani Mar 11, 2014
Summly: An Award Winning Mobile App's Journey to the Cloud with Five-9s Availability on a Shoestring Budget
Eugene Ciurana Mar 11, 2014
Christophe Achouiantz Mar 11, 2014