is known for their web-based project management and software lifecycle tools, enabling Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM), and AgileUp. This summer, VersionOne introduced their "Agile API
" to allow integration of VersionOne processes and project data with third-party software development tools. This month's release, of their V1: Agile Enterprise
, available on January 18th, will include new features enabling improved customization, integration, and simplified planning:
- Custom Fields: allows customers to define their own unique fields for capturing data.
- Windows Integrated Security: enables VersionOne users to be authenticated against existing Windows domain accounts.
- Acceptance Test Framework: integrates external test suites via the V1: API.
- Templates: automatically generate features and defects with associated defaults, tasks and tests.
- Feature Planner: allows teams to rapidly plan a feature and its associated tasks and tests.
VersionOne's pricing structure allows for teams with various size, budget and infrastructure constraints to consider this toolset. V1: Agile Enterprise
is available as a hosted "on demand" service or as a locally installed “on site” solution. Pricing models are on a per-user basis: either as a monthly subscription, or as a perpetual license, plus support and maintenance. There is also a free "team" edition
available for 1 to 5 users, with the same features and benefits as the enterprise product, but without support or automatic upgrades.