Extended Rails Scaffolding with ActiveScaffold
ActiveScaffold provides you with a wealth of dynamically created goodness:ActiveScaffold installation is straight-forward and comes with a comprehensive tutorial, documentation and demo. In 5 minutes you'll have a neat Ajax interface to browse and edit your model. ActiveScaffold makes it possible to customize and configure your scaffolding. Restful scaffolding will be easily integrated to your routes.
- An AJAXified table interface for creating, updating, and deleting objects
- Automatic handling of ActiveRecord associations
- Sorting, Search and Pagination
- RESTful API support (XML/YAML/JSON) baked in
- Sexy CSS styling and theming support
- More extension points than you can shake a stick at
- Guaranteed to work on Firefox 1+, IE 6+ and Safari 2+
- Released under the MIT License, the same one as Rails itself, so you can use it freely in your commercial applications.
ActiveScaffold is an alternative to the older admin framework Streamlined, which appears to be in or near a state of abandonment after never really gaining much traction.
Scaffolding in Java?
Re: Scaffolding in Java?
Camille Fournier May 21, 2015