InfoQ Book: Starting Struts 2
In this latest InfoQ book, the first released Struts 2 book, Ian Roughely gives everything you need to get up and running using Struts2 – from the architecture and configuration, to implementing actions and the supporting infrastructure such as validation and internationalization. Above all else, it focuses on the practical – with plenty of code and productivity tips to get you started using Struts2 today.
Download Getting Started with Struts2, by Ian Roughely, who also wrote the Migrating to Struts series on InfoQ (see http://InfoQ.com/struts).
The book covers:
- The Struts2 architecture
- Configuration details
- Productivity tips for your current project
- Coverage of popular plug-ins
- Integration with third party technologies
Couple of questions:
1) Why isn't Tiles result part of the default result types. I see a plugin available to this from the plugin registry, but it would be great if it comes out of the box with Struts2.
2) The last time I checked, data binding for nested list (or array) properties was not supported or there was some issue around it which I cannot recall exactly. For example, setting List of Address beans on a Person bean was not supported by the data binding or there wasn't a way to express the element type for the nested list in the conversion.properties.
Great for getting a fast overview.
Erratum: Annoying typo
Principal: (adj) first or highest in rank, importance, value
Principle: (noun) an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct
Not the same thing
Roy Rapoport Aug 28, 2014