Seam 2.0 Beta Adds Groovy and Experimental GWT Support
- Seam WS allows Seam components to function as Web Service endpoints
- Seam components may now be written in Groovy
- The Seam core is now independent of JSF
- Experimental support for the Google Web Toolkit
- Integration of Hibernate Search
- Introduction of JBoss EL, an extension to the Unified EL of Java EE 5
- Major enhancements to Seam Asynchronicity, including Quartz integration
- Major enhancements to jBPM integration
- Completely reorganized packaging of built-in components
- Migration to JSF 1.2
- Simplified configuration
- Support for pageflow composition
- Enhancements to the integration testing framework
- New transaction abstraction layer with support for non-JTA environments
- Enhanced JavaDoc
- Two new example applications
- Migration to the new Embedded JBoss
- Seam JSF controls reimplemented using Ajax4JSF CDK
Earlier this week RedHat open sourced the plugins of Exadel Studio Pro which include Seam support. InfoQ has an indepth article introducing Seam by Michael Yuan, as well as two interviews with Gavin King about previous Seam releases and what Seam is.
nice work guys !
Groovy support is very interesting indeed.
Cool, can't wait
Obviously, Nuxeo 5.2, due this fall, will be based on Seam 2.0. There are some exciting features in the beta announcement that I can't wait to try (but we have to ship 5.1 first ;) ).
Thanks for the good work, Gavin (and all the contributors to Seam).
S. Fermigier, CEO, Nuxeo
How Can We Use Our Creative Power and Technological Opportunity to Address the Challenges of the 21st Century?
Gyorgyi Galik Feb 26, 2015