Presentation: Transaction Management Strategies in Mission Critical Applications
Watch Transaction Management Strategies in Mission Critical Applications (89 min)
The presentation begins with Juergen explaining some transaction management myths:
- A serious, mission-critical enterprise application requires XA transactions.
- Not true: Many enterprise application do not require XA transactions at all.
- Proper transactional O/R Mapping integration requires XA / JTA.
- Not true: O/R Mappers usually just operate on a database connection and add some additional cache housekeeping, which does not require XA.
- For combining JDBC and JMS access, XA transactions are a necessity.
- Not true: Many enterprise applications use JMS with local transactions or even with plain acks.
- And the biggest myth of it all: Proper transaction management requires EJB.
- While in reality, EJB just offers a baked-in style for transaction demarcation. The hard work is done by the underlying transaction manager...Or, even broader: Proper transaction management requires a full J2EE server.
- What about distributed transaction propagation?
- not actually a responsibility of the core transaction manager...rather context passing in the remoting protocol EJB containers (and J2EE servers) build this on top of RMI, simply piggybacking the XID there
Can we get the flash file as a download? My corp. firewall does not permit the stream.
Re: Flash presentation
Andrea Del Bene
Tiago Romero Garcia Mar 01, 2015
How Can We Use Our Creative Power and Technological Opportunity to Address the Challenges of the 21st Century?
Gyorgyi Galik Feb 26, 2015