Keeping up with AgileEvents in 2008
Readers can use the InfoQ Agile homepage as a starting poing for browsing the calendar, and can follow links to UpComing.org where they can search using tags or do a more specific search by city, country, continent or by using tags. And, you can add your own events! All events focused on Agile or Lean process, facilitation, management, product ownership, methodologies and related practices are welcome.
The UpComing.org site also makes it easy to add any event to your own calendar, be it google, yahoo or other .
Here are some features offered by UpComing, which readers might find useful:
- Copy individual events from AgileEvents to your own calendar (outlook, yahoo, google, 30 boxes, etc) with the click of a button, on the UpComing site
- Get updates on new events from the AgileEvents RSS feed
- Visit your User Account page to get a personalized RSS feed of all events you are attending and watching, or to set up your reminder preferences
- Ask your partipants to indicate "will attend" so you can keep a headcount
- Create a code snippet to put this calendar on your webpage, in the same way that InfoQ does
- Or import a live version of this calendar:
- by using the Subscribe button on AgileEvents on UpComing.org
- via the iCal interface: http://upcoming.org/calendar/v2/group/2228/35acc6c803/
- via Google Calendar, by subscribing to the iCal feed, following these instructions
PS: Your feedback is appreciated:
- Have you used AgileEvents to announce your event? Has it made a difference?
- Or - perhaps you don't use it... so, what would make it more useful to you?
Todd Montgomery Dec 19, 2014
Juergen Hoeller,Stéphane Nicoll Dec 18, 2014