Interview : Nate Kohari on Releasing Ninject 1.0
In this interview with Nate Kohari, creator of the Ninject dependency injection container for .NET, talks about the release of version 1.0 of Ninject. The interview has taken place over the past weeks leading up to the release of Ninject 1.0.
Nate goes into detail why Ninject was created, its capabilities, how it's different then the competition and much more. Ninject supports the following platforms:
- .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
- .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and 3.5 (Ninject.Core and Ninject.Conditions)
- Silverlight 2.0 beta 2 (Ninject.Core, Ninject.Conditions, and all shipping extensions)
Features of Ninject 1.0 include:
- Constructor, property, method, and field injection
- Instantiation behaviors (singleton, one-per-thread, one-per-request)
- Fluent interface for declaring type bindings
- Contextual bindings, where the selection of which type to instantiate can be delayed until activation
- Support for instance scope and deterministic disposal
- Fully pluggable, modular design: each kernel component can be easily replaced to alter the framework’s behavior
- Lightweight interceptor support (aspect-oriented programming)
- Integrations with other popular frameworks
Please check out the complete interview Nate Kohari on Releasing Ninject 1.0.
How Can We Use Our Creative Power and Technological Opportunity to Address the Challenges of the 21st Century?
Gyorgyi Galik Feb 26, 2015