PowerShell Management Library for Hyper-V Posted on CodePlex
James O'Neill from Microsoft has posted the PowerShell Management Library for Hyper-V Beta 0.9 on CodePlex. The library currently contains 66 functions used to manage the virtual machines running in Hyper-V.
The following functions are included in the library:
- Finding a VM: Get-VM, Choose-VM
- Connecting to a VM: New-VMConnectSession
- Discovering and Manipulating Machine States: List-VMState, Set-VMState, Convert-VmState, Ping-VM, Shutdown-VM, Start-VM, Stop-VM, Suspend-VM, Get-VMKVP
- Backing up, Exporting and Snapshotting VMs: Backup-vm, Export-VM, Get-VMSnapshot, Choose-VMSnapshot, Apply-VMSnapshot, New-VMSnapshot, Remove-VMSnapshot, Get-VMSnapshotTree
- Adding and Removing VMs, Configuring Motherboard Settings: New-VM, Remove-VM, Set-VM, Get-VMCPUCount, Set-VMCPUCount, Get-VMMemory, Set-VMMemory
- Manipulating Disk Controllers, Drives and Disk Images: Get-VMDiskController, Add-VMSCSIController, Remove-VMSCSIcontroller, Get-VMDrive, Add-VMDRIVE, Remove-VMdrive, Get-VMDisk, Add-VMDISK, Set-VMDisk, List-VMDisk
Get-VMFloppyDisk, Add-VMFloppyDisk, Add-VMNewHardDisk
- Manipluating Network Interface Cards: Get-VMNic, List-VMNic, Choose-VMNIC, Add-VMNIC, Remove-VMNIC, Set-VMNICAddress, Set-VMNICConnection, Get-VMNicport,
Get-VMnicSwitch, Choose-VMSwitch, New-VMSwitchPort, Get-VMByMACaddress
- Working with VHD Files: Get-VHDDefaultPath, Get-VHDInfo, New-VHD, Compact-VHD, Mount-VHD, Unmount-VHD
The library is in beta, and its source code is made available under Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL). InfoQ has presented the launch of Hyper-V, Microsoft virtualization solution, which happened in June 2008.
John Altidor, Yannis Smaragdakis Mar 30, 2015