FxCop 1.36 Released
Microsoft has released version 1.36 of FxCop, the popular static code analysis and policy enforcement tool. The download is available on the MS Download Center, and documentation is available on MSDN.
FxCop and the Visual Studio Team System Code Analysis component share a common engine. The recently released Visual Studio 2008 SP1 includes the same fixes and analysis improvements listed below.
New features included in FxCop 1.36 final release:
- 200+ bug fixes that reduce noise, missing analysis and rule crashes
- Support for analyzing anonymous methods and lambda expressions
- New option for skipping analysis over tool generated code
- Better support for C++/CLI and the Compact Framework
- Language 'friendly' API names in the UI and resolutions (ie Visual Basic syntax if running over a Visual Basic binary)
- New globalization, design and usage rules
- Performance improvements that cut analysis by 2x and use half as much memory
- New option for new portability rule for selecting target framework for analysis
Feedback to Microsoft can be provided on the VS Code Analysis and Code Metrics forum.
NOTE: If you already have FxCop 1.36 Beta 2 installed, uninstall it before installing FxCop 1.36.
Keith Adams Dec 06, 2013