C# Library for Amazon S3 Available on CodePlex
Amazon has been offering the Simple Storage Service (S3) to anybody interested in storing data using Amazon's infrastructure. The service is accessible using two API flavors: REST and SOAP. Affirma Consulting has developed a C# library which can be included in any .NET application intended to access S3, and made it public, including the source code, on CodePlex. The library has the following main features:
- Full support for data streaming. No need to load data into memory before sending to S3.
- Data encryption.
- Thread safety and live statistics. Perform multiple simultaneous uploads and downloads and show progress in real-time.
- A powerful, unified object model that simplifies maintenance and extensions.
- Support for EU buckets.
The library's source code contains the following components:
- ThreeSharp. The C# library.
- ThreeSharp.Wrapper. A helper that wraps basic common procedures into single-line calls.
- ThreeSharp.ConsoleSample. A console application that demonstrates and describes the various procedures available in the ThreeSharp Library and the Wrapper.
- ThreeSharp.FormSample. A Windows Forms app that demonstrates the use of the Library in a multi-threaded, graphical environment.
Brandon Holt, Preston Briggs, Luis Ceze, Mark Oskin May 21, 2015
Kai Kreuzer, Olaf Weinmann May 21, 2015