Interview: Tijs Rademakers and Jos Dirksen on Open Source ESB
InfoQ has published a sample chapter from the book “Open Source ESBs In Action”, authored by Tijs Rademakers and Jos Dirksen, and took the opportunity to interview the authors about their experience in using open source ESBs in real-world projects.
In this interview, Tijs and Jos address the following questions:
- Given the current state of open source ESBs, would you consider them to be on par with commercial alternatives?
- What’s your view on the role of an ESB in an SOA? Should it be the central, focal point or live at the edges?
- Where do you see the most room for improvement in open source SOA solutions, what do you miss most?
- Do you have some non-functional statistics you can share from case studies?
- How would you classify the advantages and disadvantages of MuleESB vs. ServiceMix, respectively? Any recommendation on when to use which?
- Why did you end up choosing ServiceMix and Mule over other alternatives? Any opinions on Apache Synapse or Spring Integration?
Ronny Kohavi Dec 12, 2013
Christian Legnitto Dec 12, 2013