QCon London 2 Weeks Away: Day Passes & InfoQ Discount Available
QCon London is just 2 weeks away, and we’d like to present all InfoQ members with an extension of our Feb 22nd discount, simply register with promo code ‘infoq65’ for 65£ off. QCon features over 80 sessions, presentations by Turing Award winner Sir Tony Hoare and thought leaders such Martin Fowler, Rod Johnson, and tracks such as Systems that Never Stop, Domain-Driven Design, Architectures in Finance, and many more.
In addition, due to heavy demand, we are now making available day passes for QCon London at 450£. To register with one, feel free to use the following promo codes:
- Wednesday March 11, 2009 promotion code: wednesday450
- Thursday March 12, 2009 promotion code: thursday450
- Friday March 13 promotion code: friday450
This year's QCon London has over 15 tracks, some of the new features tracks this year include:
- Historically Bad Ideas - Null References? Corba? J2EE? This track will feature technology directions that were once discussed almost like silver bullets but which later proved to be bad ideas or short-lived fads. Turning award winner Sir Tony Hoare will discuss his billion dollar Null Reference mistake.
- Systems that never stop - How do you develop, test, update, maintain, and reason about systems without borders?
- Democratic Political Technology Revolution - a keynote by Martin Fowler and Josh Henderson on the role of technology in modern politics.
- Functional and Concurrent Programming - A series of examples of actual use of functional programming languages and actor/concurrent languages and discuss how it affects our way to comprehend distributed, asynchronous software systems.
- Agile Organisational patterns - What's the optimal way of working together - Social aspects of software dev teams, organizational alignment, compensation,self-organization, decision making, vision.
- Emerging languages in the enterprise - Presentations by Martin Fowler and others look at new languages and how they may be used in the enterprise.
Our vision with QCon is to create the ultimate conference for team leads, architects, and technical project management and we have tried to do that by bringing together a diverse range of topics and speakers covering both timely/practical topics that will help your projects right now, and also sessions that will provide you with tacit knowledge: context and perspective that will help you be a better software craftsman.
Todd Montgomery Dec 19, 2014
Juergen Hoeller,Stéphane Nicoll Dec 18, 2014