Accessing Windows 7 with Windows API Code Pack for .NET
Microsoft has made available Windows API Code Pack for Microsoft .NET Framework (v0.85), a library useful to access new Windows 7 features, including Vista ones, from managed code. This library is not included in .NET 4.0.
The code pack features:
- Support for Windows Shell namespace objects, including the new Windows 7 libraries, Known Folders and non file system containers.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Task Dialogs.
- Windows 7 Explorer Browser Control supporting both WPF and Windows Forms.
- Support for Shell property system.
- Helpers for Windows 7 Taskbar Jumplists, Icon Overlay and Progress bar.
- Support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 common file dialogs, including custom file dialog controls.
- Support for Direct3D 11.0 and DXGI 1.0/1.1 APIs.
- Sensor Platform APIs
- Extended Linguistic Services APIs
The final version of the library is slated to be released when Windows 7 will be sent to manufacturing, some time in July. The basic requirements are:
- .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0
- Windows SDK for Windows 7 RC.
The library has been released under a custom Microsoft license.