Agile 2011 Program Announced
The conference structure is made up of over 200 sessions spread across the following 17 Stages
- Adoption & Transformation
- Agile Boot Camp
- Agile for Embedded Systems Development
- Agile Show and Tell - Lightning Talks
- Business and Project Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Collaboration, Culture, & Teams
- Development Languages, Practices and Techniques
- Enterprise Agile
- Hands-on Learning
- Insights - Experience Reports
- New Horizons & New Voices
- Research at Work
- Testing & Quality Assurance
- User Experience and Interaction Design
- Working with Customers
The sessions are targetted at different experience levels - Introductory, Practitioner and Expert - and a variety of session types (talks, tutorials, workshops, panel, demonstration, clinic, other).
An interactive tool to view the full schedule and design a personalised program is available online.
There are also three keynote talks, an InfoQ article about them can be found here.
A number of special events are included in the conference program, details of which can be found here.
There is a special Ececutive Forum running in parallel with the conference for the first time this year. This is a one-day, invitation only event running on 8 August:
The invitation-only event, held in collaboration with the Agile Leadership Network, will bring senior IT executives together to connect with peers, engage with industry experts and explore how agility, adaptive leadership and advanced technologies are helping organizations adopt and scale Agile methodologies throughout the enterprise."The Agile Executive Forum is the first conference designed exclusively for senior IT executives that are eager to add Agile methodologies as part of their overall strategic mission," said Pat Reed, co-chair for the executive forum. "Having the conference in conjunction with Agile2011 provides the added benefit of connecting with executive peers on Monday and taking in keynotes and additional sessions throughout the rest of the week."
The following themes and case studies will be presented at the Executive Forum:
- Understanding and Harnessing Emerging Technologies and Trends for Enterprise Agility
- Managing Risk in a VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, ambiguity) World
- Large Scale Agile Transformations
- Delivering Value Rapidly and Continuously
- Leading Enterprise Agility
There will also be two "lounges" for networking and peer interaction:
- Industry Analyst Executive Open Lounge (one-on-one sessions)
- Expedition Lounge (ongoing collaboration, communities building)
Interested executives can request an invitation here.
Ian Culling, Andy Powell & Lee Cunningham Dec 11, 2013