Announcing the 6th Annual QCon London: March 5-9, 2012
QCon London 2012, taking place March 5-9, 2012 is now open for registration (£ 295 savings until Dec 16th). There is no other event in the UK with similar opportunities for learning, networking, and tracking innovation occurring in the Java, .NET, Html5, Mobile , Agile, and Architecture communities. Key takeaway points and the many blog discussions from last year's QCon London can be found in this article.
We are currently in the process of assembling the sessions and speakers for QCon London with an initial schedule to be posted late December. The tracks at QCon London 2012 include:
- Architecture Evolution and Improvement - Architecture Refactoring, Re-engingeering, Erosion, Arch Assessment
- Architectures you've always wondered about - Prominent companies share approaches to large-scale problems, massive data, high transactions, and API requests exceeding 1B/month
- Architectures for Mobile
- Highly-available systems - Sometimes there is no such thing as the "test version" ... only the real thing
- Java Platform (hard-core Java) - It's fast! It's concise! It's expressive! It's... Java? Wow!
- PaaS - Practical Cloud Computing for Developers - PaaS offerings - their features, benefits and limitations - and where PaaS is is going in the future
- Cloud Architectures, APIs and Tools - This track tells the story through technologically and use-case diverse sessions focusing on modern Cloud Architecture, APIs, and Tooling.
- The Rise of Scala & Functional Programming - Explore how Scala and functional programming languages such as Clojure, Erlang, and Haskell in real-world web development projects
- Big Data and NoSQL - Scalable data architecture and analytics with large data sets
- Cross Platform Mobile - Exploring mobile applications that work across multiple devices and platforms
- Industrial-Strength Architecture for Integration and Web Computing - We will explore the intersection where trends such as virtualization, noSQL, JSON, OAuth, APIs and mobile apps meet.
- Agile Adoption- We will look beyond the basic practices to advanced and intermediate topics.
- Finance- Futures Trade Flow, Millisecond latencies @ Linear Scale, CEP, and more
- Working distributed - Absence makes the heart grow fonder?... - Come hear about experiences and ways to deal with the problems.
QCon London will host more than 80 speakers, 5 concurrent tracks, and many breaks, parties, and opportunities for networking. If you didn't make it to last year’s QCon London you can watch some of our past sessions.
Registration is £1070 (a £295 savings) for the 3 day event until December 16th, and increases afterwards every month. Group discounts are available. QCon is co-produced by InfoQ.com and Trifork, producer of the Danish GOTO conference.
Todd Montgomery Dec 19, 2014
Juergen Hoeller,Stéphane Nicoll Dec 18, 2014