QCon London One Month Away (March 5-9, 2012); Martin Fowler Keynote Confirmed
ThoughtWorks' Martin Fowler and Rebecca Parsons have been confirmed to present the Day 1 keynote, "The Data Panorama" which examines the modern day challenges associated with data processing and analysis through the lense of software development.
Other keynotes this year include:
- "Developers Have a Mental Disorder", by Greg Young, Co-founder and CTO of IMIS
- "Simple Made Easy", by Rich Hickey, Author of Clojure
- "Resilient Response In Complex Systems", by John Allspaw, Author "The Art of Capacity Planning"; Creator of backing infrastructures for Friendster, Flickr
QCon London will host more than 80 speakers, 5 concurrent tracks, and many breaks, parties, and opportunities for networking.
Here are just a few of the most viewed tracks on the QCon London conference site:
- Architecture Evolution and Improvement - Architecture Refactoring, Re-engingeering, Erosion, Arch Assessment
- Big Data and NoSQL - Scalable data architecture and analytics with large data sets
- Architecture's you've always wondered about - Prominent companies share approaches to large-scale problems, massive data, high transactions, and API requests exceeding 1B/month
Most viewed sessions:
- "Mobile, HTML5 and the cross-platform promise" - Maximiliano Firtman will be covering techniques to create big applications for mobile browsers, how HTML5 can help us providing the right experience to the right context and what is WPO -Web Performance Optimization- for mobile devices.
- "Hadoop: Scalable Infrastructure for Big Data" - Parand Tony Darugar provides an overview of Hadoop, its processing model, and its associated ecosystem and tools.
- "Non blocking, composable reactive web programming with Iteratees in Play2" - Guillaume Bort and Sadek Drobi describe how the Iteratee feature in Play2 -- a web framework targeting Java and Scala -- can help you integrate live data flows into your application.
Most viewed speaker profiles:
- Dan North - Developer, Originator of BDD
- Damien Katz - Creator of CouchDB and Couchbase Founder
- Adrian Cockcroft - Director of architecture for the Cloud Systems team at Netflix
- Raffi Krikorian - Director of the Applications Services group, Twitter (i.e. the custodians of Twitter's core logic and application infrastructure)
Last year's event was completely sold out and with just over 4 weeks left registrations are filling up fast. We hope you can join us for QCon London 2012.
York Xyander, Bodo Junglas Jul 31, 2015
Daniel Bryant, Arian Adair, Michael Hendricks Jul 31, 2015