QCon London One Month Away (March 5-9, 2012); Martin Fowler Keynote Confirmed
ThoughtWorks' Martin Fowler and Rebecca Parsons have been confirmed to present the Day 1 keynote, "The Data Panorama" which examines the modern day challenges associated with data processing and analysis through the lense of software development.
Other keynotes this year include:
- "Developers Have a Mental Disorder", by Greg Young, Co-founder and CTO of IMIS
- "Simple Made Easy", by Rich Hickey, Author of Clojure
- "Resilient Response In Complex Systems", by John Allspaw, Author "The Art of Capacity Planning"; Creator of backing infrastructures for Friendster, Flickr
QCon London will host more than 80 speakers, 5 concurrent tracks, and many breaks, parties, and opportunities for networking.
Here are just a few of the most viewed tracks on the QCon London conference site:
- Architecture Evolution and Improvement - Architecture Refactoring, Re-engingeering, Erosion, Arch Assessment
- Big Data and NoSQL - Scalable data architecture and analytics with large data sets
- Architecture's you've always wondered about - Prominent companies share approaches to large-scale problems, massive data, high transactions, and API requests exceeding 1B/month
Most viewed sessions:
- "Mobile, HTML5 and the cross-platform promise" - Maximiliano Firtman will be covering techniques to create big applications for mobile browsers, how HTML5 can help us providing the right experience to the right context and what is WPO -Web Performance Optimization- for mobile devices.
- "Hadoop: Scalable Infrastructure for Big Data" - Parand Tony Darugar provides an overview of Hadoop, its processing model, and its associated ecosystem and tools.
- "Non blocking, composable reactive web programming with Iteratees in Play2" - Guillaume Bort and Sadek Drobi describe how the Iteratee feature in Play2 -- a web framework targeting Java and Scala -- can help you integrate live data flows into your application.
Most viewed speaker profiles:
- Dan North - Developer, Originator of BDD
- Damien Katz - Creator of CouchDB and Couchbase Founder
- Adrian Cockcroft - Director of architecture for the Cloud Systems team at Netflix
- Raffi Krikorian - Director of the Applications Services group, Twitter (i.e. the custodians of Twitter's core logic and application infrastructure)
Last year's event was completely sold out and with just over 4 weeks left registrations are filling up fast. We hope you can join us for QCon London 2012.
John Altidor, Yannis Smaragdakis Mar 30, 2015