Secure ASP.NET Applications with Identity and Access Tool
Microsoft recently announced the released of Identity and Access Tool for Visual Studio 2012 that enables you to secure ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC and WCF services with claims based identity. It also provides an ability to accept users from multiple identity providers and adds the necessary configuration for the selected identity provider.
In order to work with Identity and Access Tool, you need to follow the steps mentioned below
- Create a new ASP.NET MVC Project using Visual Studio 2012
- Go to Tools | Extensions and Updates
- Select the option Online from the left side navigation menu from the displayed dialog
- Visual Studio 2012 populates the available extensions from the Visual Studio gallery
- Select Page 2 from the bottom page navigator
- Select Identity and Access Tool, click Download button and follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process
- Right click on the project name from the Solution Explorer and provide the required values on the Identity and Access dialog.
Figure 1 - Identity and Access Tool
Identity and Access Tool enables you to develop and test applications using a local development STS, corporate identity provider like ADFS2 via HTTPS including the usage of Windows Azure Access Control Service to connect to other identity providers such as LiveID, Google, Yahoo and Facebook.
Yoni Goldberg Oct 30, 2014
Dmytro Svarytsevych Oct 30, 2014