RavenDB Gets Better Performance, Tooling, Async APIs
RavenDB 2.0 RC was recently released with a better tooling, a new Changes() API, Eval Patching, better indexing performance and several other improvements.
Some of the highlights about what’s new –
- Several improvements to the RavenDB Management Studio, such as easier managing of bundles, replication options and API keys
- Hooks for better debugging
- Better performance with several indexing optimizations
- Lot more data exposed through performance monitors and logs
- Better authentication options and controls
- A new Changes() API allows you to get PUSH notifications from the RavenDB server
- Better map/reduce
- Async APIs for all standard client operations
- Sharding Improvements
- Better backups – a cloud backup option and ability to import/export CSV data
One interesting feature is the addition of debug endpoints that expose a lot of internal information to the end user for monitoring, troubleshooting or debugging purposes.
RavenDB is a LINQ-enabled, open source, transactional, document database written in .NET. It is available under a dual-licensing structure with support provided by Hibernating Rhinos. If you are new to it, you can have a look at the documentation to get started.
Tiago Romero Garcia Mar 01, 2015
How Can We Use Our Creative Power and Technological Opportunity to Address the Challenges of the 21st Century?
Gyorgyi Galik Feb 26, 2015