RavenDB Gets Better Performance, Tooling, Async APIs
RavenDB 2.0 RC was recently released with a better tooling, a new Changes() API, Eval Patching, better indexing performance and several other improvements.
Some of the highlights about what’s new –
- Several improvements to the RavenDB Management Studio, such as easier managing of bundles, replication options and API keys
- Hooks for better debugging
- Better performance with several indexing optimizations
- Lot more data exposed through performance monitors and logs
- Better authentication options and controls
- A new Changes() API allows you to get PUSH notifications from the RavenDB server
- Better map/reduce
- Async APIs for all standard client operations
- Sharding Improvements
- Better backups – a cloud backup option and ability to import/export CSV data
One interesting feature is the addition of debug endpoints that expose a lot of internal information to the end user for monitoring, troubleshooting or debugging purposes.
RavenDB is a LINQ-enabled, open source, transactional, document database written in .NET. It is available under a dual-licensing structure with support provided by Hibernating Rhinos. If you are new to it, you can have a look at the documentation to get started.
Mike Keane Dec 21, 2014
Jeremy Stieglitz Dec 21, 2014