Lienzo 1.0: A Scene Graph API In Java For The HTML5 Canvas
Emitrom, a company providing custom enterprise software application services, has recently released Lienzo 1.0 GA under the Apache Licence. Lienzo is a GWT library that implements a structured graphic toolkit in Java using the HTML5 Canvas as a back end. Lienzo builds upon the existing Canvas support of GWT (see demo) by offering a more advanced Java API geared towards rich animations, games, image processing etc.
Lienzo 1.0 offers the following graphic functions
- A Viewport with several layers grouped into scenes
- Zooming and panning of the viewport
- Several basic shapes (circle, line, triangle etc.)
- Basic (rotation, scale, position) and advanced/affine transformations for shapes
- CSS 3 color mappings
- Basic Text and Web font support
- Image Rendering
- Image Filters (e.g. Blur)
- Points and Vectors
- Experimental support for HTML5 video
- Saving the current canvas content to an image
- Event handling from mouse or touch screens
- Drag and Drop
- Animations with different tweening options
- Internationalization support
There is a live demo showing several examples (some animated as well) along with their source code.
Finally with the addition of extra libraries offered by Emitrom, Lienzo can also run on iOS, or on the desktop via Adobe Air, further enhancing the cross-platform development idea introduced by Flash4j.
Use below link to see demo.
David La Motta
Also, 1.1 is right around the corner. You can either join Emitrom's G+ community (plus.google.com/communities/111441257302891144143) or follow us on Twitter @emitromtweets to get the latest announcements.
InfoQ Sep 01, 2015