QCon London in 8 Weeks (March 6-8): Barbara Liskov (MIT) Keynote; New Tutorials; Schedule Now Live
The QCon London 2013 (Mar 6 - 8) schedule is now live, with new sessions and speakers being added daily to the conference website. With less than 9 weeks left, you can still save up to £341, if you register by Jan 11th.
Presenting the Day 1 morning keynote - "The Power of Abstraction" - renowned MIT computer scientist Barbara Liskov will discuss how the abstraction mechanisms we use today came to be, how they are supported in programming languages, and some possible areas for future research. Later, Perl Boffin Damian Conway shows you how you can "Have Fun with Dead Languages," with some very practical implications, during his Day 1 evening keynote.
Tutorials at QCon London 2013
On March 4th and 5th leading industry experts will provide 2 days of hands-on training on a wide range of topics covering everything from architecture and software delivery to NoSQL and mobile development. Confirmed tutorial topics & speakers include:
- Lock-Free and High-Performance Algorithms, by Martin Thompson
- Impact Mapping - How to Make a Big Impact by building Valuable Software Products and Projects, by Gojko Adzic and Russell Miles
- Presentation Aikido, by Damian Conway
- Hands-On with Neo4j, by Jim Webber and Ian Robinson
- Faster Software Delivery, by Dan North
Bring your colleagues with you to QCon London and take advantage of the following group discounts:
3 conference days
- Buy 5-10 passes and pay 1070 GBP/person (12% off early bird (1,215 GBP))
- Buy 10-20 passes and pay 970 GBP/person (20% off early bird (1,215 GBP))
- Buy 20+ passes and pay 870 GBP/person (30% off early bird (1,215 GBP))
3 conference day + 2 tutorial days
- Buy 5-10 passes and pay 1627 GBP/person (12% off early bird (1,844 GBP))
- Buy 10-20 passes and pay 1505 GBP/person (19% off early bird (1,844 GBP))
- Buy 20+ passes and pay 1405 GBP/person (24% off early bird (1,844 GBP))
To get your group discount email us at BBi@trifork.com.
QCon London will feature over 100 speakers presenting more than 80 presentations across 15 tracks. Last year’s event was completely sold out with over 1,200 attendees. Topics at this year's conference include: Architectural Case Studies, Big Data/NoSQL, Distributed Systems/REST, Performance & Scalability , Mobile, Web APIs, Agile, Cloud Computing and more. Register before Jan 11th and save up to £341.
QCon London is co-produced by InfoQ and Trifork - creator of the GOTO conference.
Tyler Akidau Jan 24, 2015