LocationTech: An Initiative Helping Enterprises Build Location Aware Systems
Established as an Eclipse Industry Working Group and operating under the governance of the Eclipse Foundation, LocationTech is a platform providing enterprises and developers the infrastructure and governance needed to develop their location aware systems:
- A distributed code repository (Git)
- A bug tracking system (Bugzilla)
- A continuous integration server (Hudson)
- A build server farm
- A code review system (Gerrit)
- Project dashboard (Drupal)
- Web hosting (Apache & Drupal)
- Download site
- How projects are formed and released.
- Providing openness to anyone, even competitors.
- Making design or roadmap decision.
- Becoming a committer.
- Validating code provenance
- Detecting license conflicts
- Trademark search and management
- Analysis of dependencies and transitive dependencies
Currently, LocationTech hosts three projects in the phase of proposals (see the Eclipse Development Process):
- Geoff (Geo Fast Forward) - Enabling existing Eclipse RCP applications to visualize geospatial information on a geographical map embedded into those applications.
- User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS (uDig) – a desktop application providing support for using, manipulation, exploration and analysis of GIS data
Helen Walton Dec 17, 2014
Heather Hassebroek and Kent McDonald on Positive Politics, Organisational Change, Leadership Engagement and Sharing Experiences through Stories
Heather Hassebroek and Kent McDonald Dec 17, 2014
Monica Beckwith Dec 16, 2014