LocationTech: An Initiative Helping Enterprises Build Location Aware Systems
Established as an Eclipse Industry Working Group and operating under the governance of the Eclipse Foundation, LocationTech is a platform providing enterprises and developers the infrastructure and governance needed to develop their location aware systems:
- A distributed code repository (Git)
- A bug tracking system (Bugzilla)
- A continuous integration server (Hudson)
- A build server farm
- A code review system (Gerrit)
- Project dashboard (Drupal)
- Web hosting (Apache & Drupal)
- Download site
- How projects are formed and released.
- Providing openness to anyone, even competitors.
- Making design or roadmap decision.
- Becoming a committer.
- Validating code provenance
- Detecting license conflicts
- Trademark search and management
- Analysis of dependencies and transitive dependencies
Currently, LocationTech hosts three projects in the phase of proposals (see the Eclipse Development Process):
- Geoff (Geo Fast Forward) - Enabling existing Eclipse RCP applications to visualize geospatial information on a geographical map embedded into those applications.
- User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS (uDig) – a desktop application providing support for using, manipulation, exploration and analysis of GIS data
Keith Adams Dec 06, 2013