LocationTech: An Initiative Helping Enterprises Build Location Aware Systems
Established as an Eclipse Industry Working Group and operating under the governance of the Eclipse Foundation, LocationTech is a platform providing enterprises and developers the infrastructure and governance needed to develop their location aware systems:
- A distributed code repository (Git)
- A bug tracking system (Bugzilla)
- A continuous integration server (Hudson)
- A build server farm
- A code review system (Gerrit)
- Project dashboard (Drupal)
- Web hosting (Apache & Drupal)
- Download site
- How projects are formed and released.
- Providing openness to anyone, even competitors.
- Making design or roadmap decision.
- Becoming a committer.
- Validating code provenance
- Detecting license conflicts
- Trademark search and management
- Analysis of dependencies and transitive dependencies
Currently, LocationTech hosts three projects in the phase of proposals (see the Eclipse Development Process):
- Geoff (Geo Fast Forward) - Enabling existing Eclipse RCP applications to visualize geospatial information on a geographical map embedded into those applications.
- User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS (uDig) – a desktop application providing support for using, manipulation, exploration and analysis of GIS data
Laurie Williams and Catherine Louis Nov 28, 2014
Edmund Jorgensen Nov 27, 2014
Lisa Adkins and Michael Spayd Nov 27, 2014