The schedule is live for QCon New York 2013 with registrations 60% ahead of last year at this time. QCon New York will take place at the New York Marriott just outside of Manhattan (at the Brooklyn Bridge) on June 10-14, 2013. New speakers and sessions are being posted to the conference site every week. You can get in early by reserving your seat now, saving $400 by Apr 19th.
QCon New York features 2 days of tutorials (June 10-11, 2013) and 3 full conference days (June 12-14, 2013). The 'tracks-to-days' schedule is now live and can be viewed here.
As we move into the post-PC world, both consumer and business applications are becoming mobile. What will this look like, and how can we be ready for it? What problems will we meet along the way, and what do we already know about their solutions? Sessions in this track include:
- "Design Patterns for Mobile Applications," by Saul Mora, Host of NSBrief podcast, MagicalRecord
- "Hyper Focused to a Fault," by Brittany Tarvin, Chicago's GirlDevelopIT, iPhone/Mac
- "Gamifying Enterprise Mobile Applications: Do We Have a Winner?," by Michelle Andreassen, Enterprise Architect at Lego
Track Host: Graham Lee, Author "Professional Cocoa Application Security"
- "Web Browser Automation" by Jason Huggins, Co-founder of Sauce Labs
Track Host: Dio Synodinos, Research Platform Team Lead at C4Media
HTML5 and Modern Web Languages
- "Meteor - A Radically Faster Web Development Platform," by Matt Debergalis, Meteor Founder and Core Developer
- "Using Dart with Google Web Toolkit," by Shannon JJ Behrens
- "Wrangling WebRTC: Challenges and Opportunities for Real-time Communication," by Badri Rajasekar, Engineer Behind OpenTok API
- "The CoffeeScript-Streamline Challenge," by Aseem Kishore, Senior developer of the Paper App
Track Host: Frank Greco, Chair, NYJavaSIG
See the complete list of track abstracts here
- Creating iOS Apps in Objective-C
- Writing Real Apps with Dart
- Building Web Applications with WebSocket
- Responsive Web Design
See the complete list of tutorials here
QCon New York is the premier east coast event for team leads, architects, and project managers, with over 100 speakers presenting across 6 concurrent tracks. There will be numerous opportunities for knowledge sharing and peer networking during the many breaks, evening parties, and facilitated open spaces.
There is no other event in the US with similar opportunities for learning, networking, and tracking innovation occurring in the Java, .NET, HTML5, Mobile , Agile, and Architecture communities.
Registration is $1,795 (a $400 savings) for the 3 day event until April 19th, and increases afterwards every month. Group discounts are available. QCon is produced by InfoQ.com and runs annually in London, San Francisco, New York, Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Tokyo and São Paulo. http://qconferences.com
InfoQ Sep 01, 2015