WSO2 Developer Studio 3.0&3.1 Have Better ESB Tooling
WSO2 Developer Studio 3.0 and 3.1 improve ESB and Registry Resource Editor tools, has better performance, uses Eclipse Juno SR2, and supports JAX-RS REST code generation.
WSO2 has recently announced two new releases of their Developer Studio IDE, 3.0 and 3.1 (WSO2 DS). The initial plan was to release a major version, but they managed to follow up with a minor release a week later, adding some improvements requested by customers.
- WSO2 ESB Graphical Flow Composition Tool – a graphical tool useful to visualize message flow paths between various components connected to the ESB
- WSO2 ESB REST API support – ESB REST services are automatically packaged within the Carbon Archive (CAR)
- WSO2 ESB Task support – used to set up recurring tasks that are also packaged in the CAR
- Registry Resource Editor now can be used to migrate media resources across environments
- Better overall performance
- Support for Eclipse Juno SR2
- Support for JAX-RS-based REST code generation using WADL
WSO2 Developer Studio is an Eclipse-based IDE providing integrated tools for creating SOA or composite applications, and RESTful services that can be deployed either locally on the Carbon middleware platform, or on a Stratos-based private or hybrid cloud, or on StratosLive, a Java PaaS operated by WSO2.
Mike Keane Dec 21, 2014
Jeremy Stieglitz Dec 21, 2014