Jenkins CI Server Plugin Drives SOASTA CloudTest Server
Earlier this month, SOASTA and CloudBees released a plugin for the Jenkins continuous integration (or CI) server to run automated tests on real physical mobile devices. SOASTA released this plugin with optimizations that were developed by the creator of Jenkins, Kohsuke Kawaguchi. The plugin provides build steps for performing operations and testing mobile devices after entering minimal SOASTA CloudTest Server configuration information.
I appreciate SOASTA's open-sourcing their Jenkins plugin and collaborating with the Jenkins community, SOASTA brings the product expertise and the Jenkins community brings their Jenkins expertise. When we collaborate, it's a win for everyone. We look forward to seeing more companies follow the same path.
- Make App TouchTestable - Adds the TouchTest Driver library to your app's source code.
- Install iOS App on Device - Ensures that your tests run against the latest version of your app.
- Play Composition - Executes a CloudTest composition, and saves the output.
- Wake Up iOS Device - Wakes up attached iOS devices, and opens Mobile Safari.
- Reboot iOS Device - Reboots attached iOS devices.
Ralph Winzinger Nov 25, 2014
John Krewson, Steve Ropa and Matt Badgley Nov 24, 2014