3D Modeling Made Easy with JSModeler
The library has the following capabilities:
- Simple 3D model building manually or with generator functions.
- We can define our model with adding vertices and polygons manually.
- We can use built-in generator functions to create basic shapes (cuboid, sphere, cylinder, cone, torus, polygonal torus, prism, prism shell, line shell, ruled surface, revolved surface, platonic and archimedean solids, function surface).
- Built-in Three.js based model viewer with rotation and zoom functionality.
- Automatic conversion to Three.js geometry format.
- Convex and concave polygons are automatically triangulated during the conversion.
- Vertex normals automatically calculated for the curved polygons.
- Polygon triangulation for 2D and 3D polygons.
- Lot of 2D and 3D geometry functions.
- Automatic exportation to STL file format.
A tutorial guide explains the basics. There are a few basic concepts:
- Bodies, which are the objects that appear in your visualization. Bodies are built up from:
- Vertices: points in a 3D space
- Polygons: surfaces that connect a number of vertices
- Curve groups: that can combine multiple polygons into a curvy shape.
- Materials: define what color a polygon should have
- Transformations: transform bodies, for instance shifts they location, or rotates them.
- Built in generator functions for various shapes (cuboids, spheres, cylinders, cones, prisms, etc.)
Yoni Goldberg Oct 30, 2014
Dmytro Svarytsevych Oct 30, 2014