RESTful Web Services Framework Jersey 2.5 Released
Changes in the Java-based Jersey framework include:
- Support for version 9 of the Jetty web server and servlet container. This includes both a Jersey Server container based on a Jetty HTTP and Servlet container, and a Jersey Client connector supporting synchronous as well as asynchronous client invocation using the Jetty Fluent Client API.
- The Apache Connector now uses the Apache HttpClient 4.3, which itself is a major refactoring with several new features and improvements.
- Over 60 bug fixes, including multi value http headers not correctly read and component registration through package scanning missing components.
Changes in earlier releases, after the major 2.0 release in June, include:
- Support for OAuth1 acting as a consumer or a service provider and OAuth2 acting as a consumer only.
- Ability for a client to configure or override connection properties on a per-request basis.
- Support for https when using Grizzly or Apache Connector.
- Support for Spring 3, enabling injection of Spring managed beans into Jersey managed resource classes as well as allowing for JAX-RS resource classes to be managed by Spring instead of Jersey.
- Including the 2.5 release, 30 improvements have been made and more than 160 bugs fixed.
Jersey 2.5 is a reference implementation of the JAX-RS 2.0 API Specification, (JSR 339), released in May 2013, and a member of the GlassFish application server project. It is dual licensed under 2 OSI approved licenses.
Doc List Oct 25, 2014