QCon London 2014 Tutorials: Reactive Extensions, Mobile Dev, Agile, Continuous Delivery (March 3-7)
Language pioneers, project leads, and seasoned practitioners will provide two days of hands-on tutorials at the eighth annual QCon London (Mar 3-7, 2014). Three to six hours in length, each QCon tutorial delves into a new technology, tool, or methodology driving innovation in enterprise software development. For the three day conference that follows, you can get in early by reserving your seat now saving £236 by Jan 8th.
Some of this year's 15 tutorials, taking place March 3rd and 4th, include:
- Principles of Reactive Programming, by Erik Meijer, Creator, LINQ
- Continuous Delivery, by Dave Farley, Co-Author, "Continuous Delivery"
- Creating Android Apps with Xtend, by Sven Efftinge, Founder Xtext Framework
- Fast and Beautiful Mobile Apps with Phone Gap, by Brian LeRoux, PhoneGap Project Lead, Adobe
- Problem-solving and Decision-making in Software Development, by Linda Rising, Queen of Patterns
- A Fluent API for Java and MongoDB, by Trisha Gee, Software Engineer, MongoDB
- Getting the Most out of Your Distributed Team, by Shane Hastie, InfoQ Agile Lead Editor, Agile Coach
- Systems Thinking and Methods, by Michael T. Nygard, Author of "Release IT!"
- Embracing Change: Building Adaptable Software with Events, by Russell Miles, Co-Author of "Head First Software Development"
- The Psychological and Cognitive Mechanisms behind Good User Experience, by Janne Jul Jensen, Senior Interaction Designer and Usability Specialist
See the complete list of tutorials here.
The three full conference days (Mar 5-7) that follow will feature over 100 speakers presenting across 15 different tracks covering topics like Java, Big Data, Agile, Cloud, HTML5, Mobile, Architecture, and more.
Don't forget about our QCon Nights. These are free evening community events, driven by involvement from both speakers and participants. Come along and learn something new! Join Mark Harwood, Software Engineer at Elasticsearch Inc, on January 15, and listen his talk on What's New in Elasticsearch 1.0.
Attending with your colleagues? QCon London offers special savings when you register a group of five or more people from your company. Click here for more details.
QCon London 2013 drew over 1,100 attendees last year and elicited thousands of tweets and hundreds of blogs all of which are summarized in the Key Takeaway Points and Lessons Learned from QCon London 2013. We hope you can join us for QCon London 2014. Register before January 8th and save £236.
QCon is co-produced by InfoQ.com and Trifork, producer of the Danish GOTO conference.
Juergen Hoeller Jul 22, 2014